Date: Saturday, November 18th
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Where: Multipurpose Room (located near the Great Hall), Cape Breton University
This one-day conference will explore two key themes through speaker presentations and panel discussions: Art and the Natural World, and STEM to STEAM: Communicating ArtSci.
The conference is free and open to all! Registration is required.
Elder Albert Marshall
Dr. Andrew Pelling – How an interdisciplinary lab fosters creativity and curiosity between disciplines
Morning Panel: STEM to STEAM: Communicating ArtSci
- Gerald Gloade – Use of artistic practice and the principles of Two-Eyed Seeing to convey ecological knowledge of Mi’kma’ki
- Dr. Sally McKay – Application of Neuroaesthetics to learning and research
- Mireille Bourgeois – Emerging research in BioArt
Afternoon Panel: Art and the Natural World: the intersection of contemporary art and ecological knowledge
- Jordan Bennett – The intersection of contemporary art and ecological knowledge and new media art in relation to cross-disciplinary research in art and science
- Dr. Jennifer Willet – Creating a hybridized laboratory, art-science evaluative procedures
- Elizabeth Goluch – Artwork in relation to the intersection between the fine craft of metalwork and ecological knowledge
- Alan Syliboy – The importance of the spiritual connection to indigenous art and its intersection with the natural world