Diploma in Education (Counseling)*
*Please note: this program is not accepting admissions at this time.
Guide Students To Success
CBU’s Diploma in Education (Counseling) program equips you with the skills you need to help guide students to success. This 30-credit hour, online graduate-level diploma program is intended to enhance counseling skills for all educators, preparing you for the complex and vastly unique issues today’s students face.
With courses in counseling theory, differentiated instruction, individual and career counseling, testing and a supervised practicum, the diploma has proven beneficial to educators in a variety of teaching and resource positions. Courses are offered on a part-time basis allowing for the program to be completed in three years.
What skills will I gain from this program?
- Theories and practice to be applied in guidance counseling.
- Ability to contribute to individual well-being of students.
- Know-how to assist in building and maintaining healthy schools.
Why study at CBU?
Growing up in modern schools can be a challenging and dynamic time for students. CBU enhances your existing teaching skills to better meet the needs of 21st century learners.
- EDUC5111 Cultural Issues in an Educational Setting (3 credits)
- EDUC5113 Human Relations Development (3 credits)
Possible Career Paths
- Student counseling and guidance teaching
- Human resources
- Career coach
- Eligibility for an increase in teacher certification
Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Two practicums at the end of the program.
- Designed so working teachers do not need a sabbatical in order to complete these final requirements.