Welcome to Colorful Cape Breton!
The Atlantic Region -Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing ( ARCASN) will be hosting its annual 2018 Conference at Cape Breton University this year.
The Theme of this year’s conference is Indigenous and Intercultural diversity in Nursing Education,
Members of the Planning Committee invite nurses and other health professionals, who are members, non-members and students to submit abstracts highlighting indigenous and intercultural research or teaching initiatives.
Abstracts should address the conference theme and fit within one of the following conference objectives:
1. To increase awareness about culturally diverse student learning needs in undergraduate studies
2. To review pedagogical approaches to teaching culturally diverse groups.
3. To apply pedagogical approaches that ensure undergraduate nursing students develop culturally competent skills for practice.
4. To meet educational requirements for a culturally diverse nursing curriculum.
5. To promote the delivery of culturally congruent nursing education to students belonging to a diverse culture
If you are interested in giving an oral presentation or submitting a poster, kindly fill in the application below and email it to:
Lee Singleton, Academic Life Coordinator
Deadline for abstract submission is: Friday, June 22nd, 2018