The Business of Exploring
Tourism is one of the fastest growing and largest industries in the world. With more than 30 years of practical knowledge and experience in Tourism and Hospitality, CBU offers this unique concentration program to prepare students to capitalize on opportunities in this exciting, expanding industry.
What Is The Study of Tourism Marketing and Management ?
Tourism is defined as the guidance or management of tourists; the promotion or encouragement of touring; or the accommodation of tourists. This BBA Concentration at CBU studies the business of managing and marketing various tourism products, including destinations, hotels, restaurants, attractions and events. The program develops a unique skill set for SSOB students specifically interested in the tourism and hospitality industry, equipping them with a competitive advantage in the broad job market for BBA graduates.
Why Study Tourism Marketing and Management At CBU?
An education for the explorer at heart.
- Combining specific knowledge from the tourism industry with your BBA prepares you for future management positions in this fascinating and global field. This is an education that can really take you places.
- CBU has been instructing Hospitality and Tourism programs for over 30 years led by knowledgeable professors who have years of industry experience.
- SSOB maintains close ties with the local hospitality business community, bridging the gap between students and professionals, owners and managers in the Tourism industry. Take advantage of this close network and gain real life experience through CBU’s Co-op Program.
- CBU has small class sizes so students and faculty get to know each other on a professional and personal basis. Students are afforded every opportunity to participate in class and through laboratory learning.
Possible Career Paths
- Hotel or Restaurant Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Travel Agencies and Travel Industry
- Transportation or Tour Companies
- Leisure, Recreation and Sport
- Tourism Development and Marketing
- Meeting and Event Management
- Cultural Industries and Market Research
Talk to an Enrolment Services Professional how to pair a concentration in Tourism Marketing and Management with a post graduate program for the career you want.