The Business Analytics Diploma program is 2 years in length and consists of 39 credits. This includes 9 core courses, 2 elective courses, and a business internship or capstone project (6 credits) which will be completed in the last semester of the program.
In the first year you will be introduced to statistical analysis, quantitative methods, and database approaches. The second year will focus on data mining techniques, data visualization, and predictive modeling. The final semester provides the opportunity to work with an organization to apply your newly acquired analytical skills, or the opportunity to work on a capstone project where you will develop a well-researched project that demonstrates your knowledge of a topic covered in the program.
- Statistics (MGSC5108)
- Database Concepts (MGSC5106)
- Business Analytics Fundamentals (MGSC5111)
- Quantitative Methods (MGSC5113)
- Statistical Methods for Analytics (MGSC5118)
- Predictive Modeling and Analytics (MGSC5125)
- Data Mining (MGSC5126)
- Data Visualization (MGSC5127)
- Quantitative Marketing Research (MRKT5312)
- Business Internship or Capstone Project (BUSS5989 or BUSS5800)*
Plus two of the following elective courses:
- Business Law and Commercial Contract (LEGL5501)
- Mathematical Statistics (MATH2106)
- Information Systems for Management (MGSC5101)
- Supply Chain Management (MGSC5114)
- Global Sourcing (MGSC5121)
- Data Security and Ethics (MGSC5122)
- Operations Management (MGSC5128)
- Statistics II (MGSC5183)
*The internship is a 12-weeks work placement that will provide you with hands-on experience in your field of study. The capstone project is generally in the form of a well-researched paper that reflects your knowledge in a topic covered in the program.
For course descriptions, find the Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Analytics under Shannon School of Business in CBU’s Academic Calendar.