- Our Education Department has a core focus on Education for Sustainability with all students completing a core course Teaching and Learning for a Sustainable Future
- Our Education programs offer students groundbreaking courses related to sustainable happiness, sustainability education, aboriginal culture and language, positive mental health, and Living Schools
- Our faculty are committed to teaching excellence and undertaking original research to support the sustainability scholarship
- CBU is committed to being a leader in developing programing and providing opportunities that foster sustainability creativity, and innovation
- CBU is home to the Verschuren Centre for Sustainability in Energy and the Environment, a research, development leader for clean technology
Cape Breton University partnered with Efficiency Nova Scotia and participated in the
On-site Energy Manager program. This two-year program allowed us to have one of their engineers on campus,
working closely with the facilities management to develop a business plan for energy saving projects. The project,
a key part of the CBU commitment to reducing itsenergy consumption, consists of installing new controls, metering,
hardware, programming software, and other upgrades to the lighting systems.
In this video, Energy Nova Scotia and Cape Breton University team up to explain the many energy-saving
improvements made throughout the campus with their partnership.