Everybody has to deal with money. Finance takes a closer look by studying the management of money for other individuals, companies and governments.
What Is The Study of Finance?
Finance is a set of concepts, principles and theories dealing with the allocation of monetary resources, risk analysis and valuation of assets. For every environment, there’s different Finance concepts and principles that need to be applied in order to reach the end goal.
The scope of Finance is broad. Finance courses at CBU explore the full spectrum, from business finance, personal finance, investments to capital market theory, financial institutions and markets, and international finance. A background or interest in Accounting and Economics is ideal for a Concentration in Finance.
Why Study Finance At CBU?
Know a business from top line to bottom line.
- There’s a growing demand for graduates who can help a company raise capital, grow the business from the bottom line, and make strategic acquisitions.
- SSOB maintains close ties with the local business community, bridging the gap between students and professionals, owners and managers in the field of Finance. Take advantage of this close network and gain real life experience through CBU’s Co-op Program.
- Managing money determines the success of an organization. Finance is at the centre of business operations, providing a lot of opportunity for job responsibility and perspective management positions.
- Finance graduates can make a big difference working in governments and nonprofit organizations, strategizing to get most out of their tight budgets.
Possible Career Paths
- Commercial Banking
- Financial Management
- Real Estate
- Corporate Finance
- Hedge Fund Management
- Investment Banking
- Private Equity
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Talk to an Enrolment Services Professional about how to pair a Finance degree with a post graduate program for the career you want.