Education Is Your Stage
For almost half a century, CBU students, faculty, alumni, and members of the community have come together to stage unforgettable productions of classic works, groundbreaking modern plays, and brand new scripts. Over the past two decades, this theatrical energy has inspired our academic offering.
What Is The Study of Dramatic Literature?
At CBU, we host a wide range of courses in the practical aspects of drama. Live and learn theatre through performance-based courses like acting and movement; take a deeper look into the mechanics of performances through behind-the-scenes work like stage management and playwriting.
Why Study Dramatic Literature At CBU?
At CBU, our finest and longest-standing tradition is drama, so we like to think you’re learning from the best.
- CBU offers a wider range of Dramatic Literature courses than any English program in Canada.
- Full-time or part-time, for a degree or a certificate, you’ll find a wide range of courses and the kind of personal experience you won’t find anywhere else.
- Dig into the long tradition of Dramatic Literature, from the earliest Greek tragedies, to Shakespeare, to modern Canada – and much more.
- Traditions dating back 50 years are carried out at the Boardmore Playhouse (est. 1979), a fully equipped, flexible theatre space featuring dozens of live productions every year.
- Boardmore performances are based on collective creation and community engagement, providing a supportive environment for students studying in this program.
- We have active theatre scene featuring a range of theatres, drama schools, and heritage sites that students can tap into.
Possible Career Paths
- Public Relations
- Publishing & Editing
Talk to your Academic Advisor about how to pair Drama with a post-graduate program for the career you want.