Managing on a Global Scale
It takes skilled professionals to ensure that all aspects of the supply chain run smoothly in today’s global economy. The Supply Chain Management diploma provides a unique opportunity to learn about the challenges companies face in transporting goods and service, and how to increase organizational efficiencies. Our goal is to enhance your ability to positively impact this growing sector.
The Supply Chain Management diploma will provide you with an understanding of how to approach supply chain decision-making, which will help you feel confident in your management tasks.
What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply chain management focuses on managing information, materials and finances as they move through supplier, retailer and customer. SCM specialists have the responsibility of ensuring product delivery to the customer…at the right time, place and cost.
An in-depth analysis of supply chain management will be studied and reviewed to provide a deeper knowledge behind the purpose of SCM in the world. Students enrolled in the two-year program will gain insight of practises, trends, and opportunities of SCM.
Why Study Supply Chain Management at CBU?
- The supply chain is one of the most essential sectors of the economy in Canada, involving 767,000 workers from a range of occupations and industries with over 35,000 job openings in the marketplace.
- Apply your acquired skills to real-life projects through the business internship or capstone project.
- CBU is the only school on Canada’s East Coast to offer the SCM diploma.
- You could go on to pursue the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation through the Supply Chain Management Institute of Nova Scotia and get exempted from three modules of their program.
Potential Careers May Include:
- Demand Planning Analyst
- Procurement Manager
- Distribution Centre (DC) Supervisor
- Supply Chain Consultant