The BMD program is 2 years in length and consists of 39 credits (12 courses) including a business internship or capstone project to be completed in the last semester of the program.
The Business Management Diploma program requires the completion of the courses listed below . In your first year, you will cover topics in management, accounting,economics and public communication. In second year, you will focus on business finance and strategy. During your last semester in the program, you have the option to complete an internship or capstone project.
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 5201)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 5204)
- Public Communication (COMM 1105)
- Macroeconomics (ECON 5103)
- Finance (FINC 5401)
- Business Law & Commercial Contracts (LEGL 5501)
- Introduction to Business (MGMT 5601)
- Strategic Management (MGMT 5615)
- Marketing (MRKT 5301)
- Business Internship (BUSS 2989)
Plus two electives courses from the following list:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship (MGMT 5603)
- Organizational Behaviour (MGMT 5604)
- Human Resource Management (MGMT 5605)
- Information Systems for Management (MGSC 5101)
- Statistics (MGSC 5108)
- Quantitative Methods (MGSC 5113)
- Supply Chain Management (MGSC 5114)
- Global Sourcing (MGSC 5121)
- Operations Management (MGSC 5128)
The internship is a 12-week work placement that will provide you with hands-on experience in your field of study. The capstone project is generally in the form of a well-researched paper that reflects your knowledge in a topic covered in the program.
Please find Business Management Diploma under Shannon School of Business in CBU’s academic calendar for .course descriptions.