A 4-year Major in Biology Degree requires:
1. Core Courses – 18 credits
- 6 credits English at 1000 and/or 2000 level
- 6 credits PHIL2221 and PHIL2223
- 6 credits MATH: To fulfil the mathematics requirement students must include 3 credits from MATH1101, MATH1105, or MATH1109 PLUS 3 additional credits from any MATH course other than MATH1107, MATH1208, MATH1114, MATH1215 and MATH1216.
2. Biology Major – 54 credits
- 18 credits BIOL1101, BIOL1601, BIOL2101, BIOL2211, BIOL2503, BIOL3601
- 36 credits additional BIOLcourses of which 21 credits must be at the 3000 level or higher, including at least 6 credits at the 4000 level.
3. Area of Minor – 12 credits
- From a second discipline of science: CHEM, GEOL, MATH, MSIT, NUTR, PHYS, or PSYC.
4. Science Electives – 12 credits
- Generally courses from BIOL, CHEM, GEOL, MATH, MSIT, NUTR, PHYS or PSYC are acceptable – some exceptions exist.
5. Free Electives – 24 credits
6. An average of 65% in courses in Biology major in last three years of program.
7. An average of 60% over the entire 120-credit program.
8. 3 credits of Organic Chemistry must be included in one of the following categories: area of minor, science electives, or free electives.
9. 3 credits of Statistics (one of MATH1109, MATH2106, or PSYC2101) are required.