A First Taste
The School of Professional Studies at CBU offers courses in nutrition, chemistry, biology, microbiology, mathematics, business, humanities, social sciences and electives, allowing students to complete the first two years of a Bachelor of Science Human Nutrition at CBU.
Students follow a clear set of course guidelines to meet all transfer requirements so they can move on to complete their degree at another Atlantic Canadian University after their second year. CBU has transfer agreements in place with Mount Saint Vincent University and University of Prince Edward Island. St. Francis Xavier University and CBU currently have an informal transfer arrangement.
Why Start Human Nutrition at CBU?
- Unlike larger universities, our small class sizes provide students with the opportunity to get to know and interact with our faculty and lab instructors. By starting the Human Nutrition Transfer Program at a smaller institution, students get the individualized attention and support from experienced faculty that’s critical for success.
- Nutrition courses at CBU provide an excellent overview of clinical and natural nutritional science.
- SPS professors and laboratory assistants provide around-the-clock support and opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience, while intellectually challenging students along the way.
- From Clinical Diabetics to Government to continuing studies in Family Medicine, a degree in Human Nutrition opens doors to exciting, fulfilling career opportunities and chances to postgraduate education.
Possible Career Paths
- Clinical Dietetics
- Food Service Administration
- Community Nutrition
- Food Product Development
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Parent Education Resource
- Government (Health Canada or Veteran Affairs)
- Recreation and Summer Programs
- Health and Social Service Organizations
- Business and Consulting
Options for Furthering Education
- Education, Family Studies, Early Childhood Education, Adult Education
- Child Development, Youth studies, Adult Development and Aging
- Guidance Counsellor, Social Work
- Women’s Studies
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Health Professions
- Family Law, Family Medicine, PhD
Talk to an Enrolment Services Professional about pairing your Human Nutrition degree with postgraduate studies and training for the career you want.