Play an important role in any organization
The Bachelor of Business Administration program (BBA) prepares students for self-employment and careers in private and public enterprise, cooperatives, government service, and for graduate study. The BBA program core courses put an emphasis on a broad range of business topics while the program as a whole provides a foundation in both business and the traditional liberal arts. Students graduate with the ability to analyze a business situation, identify alternative responses and resolve business difficulties.
A core focus of the BBA program is entrepreneurialism. Students graduate with the knowledge to manage and start their own business in a field they’re passionate about. Not everyone is interested in studying business but it can be an investment in your future. Graduating with a BBA gives you the right tools to build your dreams into a well-structured venture.
Why a BBA at CBU?
Join the ranks of an organization or build a business from the ground up, secure the foundation you need to do both and more with our BBA program.
- CBU’s BBA is built to be flexible. Take this degree full-time or through part-time study; pick a concentration in a business discipline depending on your interests; transfer to another school after graduation to build on your education; get real life experience before you graduate with CBU’s Co-op Education Program. Build an education that’s right for you!
- Get to know business from the top line to bottom line. BBA builds a foundation through introductory courses to business, accounting, marketing, academic writing and strategic communication, technology and math, principles of micro and macroeconomics, and more.
- The BBA at CBU is built on an entrepreneurial spirit. Many members of our faculty are tried and true entrepreneurs; SSOB namesake, Joe Shannon, was an inspired entrepreneur from a young age.
- Diversify your education to give you a competitive edge in the job market. Take elective courses in areas including: law, tourism, IT, the arts, health, sports, sciences or engineering.
- Find a career that’s right for you by focusing your business studies. Work your way to the top as Chief Finance Officer (CFO) with a concentration in Finance, capitalize on the rapidly growing social media landscape by majoring in Marketing or manage an organization’s best resources, its people, by studying Human Resources.
Areas of Study
- Supply Chain Management
- Legal Studies
- Human Resources
- Tourism Marketing and Management