When you apply to the Bachelor of Arts and Science in Environment, you must also submit a letter of interest. Below you will find some guidence to what we expect you will include in your letter when applying. Please note, that the Letter of Interest must be completed in addition to the CBU Application.
Tell Us A Bit About Yourself
Purpose of the Letter:
- You get the chance to show us why this is the right degree path for you
- You get the chance to tell us what motivates you and to demonstrate your interest and/or involvement in environmental issues
- We get to learn a little bit more about our potential students
Ideas for the Letter:
- Standard admissions letter, approximately 500 words (we love the U of T Writing Centre for advice )
- Something completely different. Get creative! Are you an artist? Do you run a blog? A radio show? Can you choreograph a dance about white-nosed bat syndrome? We welcome creative applications as well.
How to Submit:
- Email your Letter of Application to the Directors of the BAS in Environment at email@example.com
- Letters of Application should be sent as pdf files
- Creative submissions can be sent electronically, if possible, or by mail or in person if necessary.
- Please make sure that your email or letter includes your full name, current high school, and complete contact information.
Deanne van Rooyen
Cape Breton University
PO Box 5300
1250 Grand Lake Road