If you find yourself in the Sydney area and need to cool off quickly but don’t have enough time to drive very far then look no further!
Where is Polar Bear Beach?
Polar Bear can be found in South Bar along New Waterford Highway 28. It is 4.6km from Whitney Pier (welcome to South Bar sign), and is directly across the street from Polar Bear Lane.
Why it’s great!
- You can usually find people parked there enjoying the view, and on a nice hot sunny day you can find many people getting their beach fix.
- Often times you can find a boat or two anchored offshore, music blasting, with people dancing, jumping off and having a great time!
- Don’t Worry! Polar Bear gets its name from it being a popular location for the Polar Bear Swim on New Year’s Day, NOT because it is exceptionally cold!
- With crystal clear water and excellent snorkeling, you might see lobster, crabs, perch, flat fish, and maybe something unexpected!
- Polar Bear Rock can be seen poking out of the water at low tide to the left side of the beach. This is a great place to jump in and grab a heavy rock to walk along the sandy ocean floor! I recommend having a race!
After you’ve completed this challenge, make sure you snap a picture and share it to qualify for the Ultimate #CBUStaycation Package, which includes: