In my opinion, you can travel the world, see so many different varieties of beauty and yet come (home) to Cape Breton and be shocked and in awe of what you see when you cross Kelly’s Mountain; this beauty is rare and doesn’t get old.
What are you looking at?
- If you look directly across the water from the look off you will be looking at North River
- To the left of North River is St. Ann’s.
- To the right of North River is Englishtown (the Englishtown Ferry is a common form of transportation to hop on the Cabot Trail). You can see the Englishtown Ferry by looking for the “sand trail” which crosses the water.
How to find it?
- From Sydney, take the 125 Highway towards Baddeck.
- Cross the Seal Island Bridge (BIG green bridge). You will drive off the bridge and be on Kelly’s Mountain.
- You will pass a look off on the Seal Island Bridge side of Kelly’s Mountain which is very beautiful too, but we want you to stop at the St. Ann’s look off.
- Once you get to the top of the mountain everything will flatten out for a moment.
- Shortly after the flat spot there will be a turn in the road hugging the mountain and the look off will be on your RIGHT.
- You will be taken by the beauty but pull over quickly and cautiously as this can be a tricky spot!
- Enjoy the view and use #CBUStaycation when sharing your breathtaking pictures!
After you’ve completed this challenge, make sure you snap a picture and share it to qualify for the Ultimate #CBUStaycation Package, which includes: