Cape Breton University is implementing new technology that will transform the way our faculty, staff and students, connect, communicate, and work together on tasks or projects. Office 365 is Microsoft’s cloud-based solution that includes a collection of software applications that you can use to be productive across a variety of devices from just about anywhere.
The project benefits for CBU students and employees include:
- the latest versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote on up to five devices (includes PC, Mac, tablet and mobile)
- Access to online versions of the above software applications;
- Secure cloud-based email storage of 50GB (GigaByte) per user
- Secure cloud-based document storage of 1TB (TeraByte) per user
- File sharing, real-time document editing and seamless collaboration.
- Instant messaging, video and audio conferencing – with one click, users can hold a virtual team meeting from anywhere.
In collaboration with other universities and colleges in Nova Scotia, implementation has begun and will be completed through the spring and summer for all users. Learn more at: https://www.cbu.ca/student-services/it-services/office-365-at-cbu/