Join us on Monday, November 17, at 5:00pm at the Verschuren Centre for #StartupCapeBreton 2.0 to kick off Global Entrepreneurship Week at CBU!
Topics / Themes for discussion:
Human Capital: Developing people
- Dr. David Rae, Dean of the CBU Shannon School of Business, on CBU’s entrepreneurship strategy and the broader island-wide agenda.
- Students from UIT Startup Immersion, a new technology and entrepreneurship program delivered in partnership between Gavin Uhma and CBU’s Shannon School of Business.
- Coordinators of the Island Sandbox (partnership between CBU/NSCC Marconi), a pre-incubator that focuses on clean tech, Internet, Social Entrepreneurship, and New Immigrant businesses.
Financial Capital: Making the money flow
- Gord MacInnis, VP Finance at CBU, on the Cape Breton Island Futures Fund, a new Venture Capital fund spearheaded by Annette Verschuren.
- Bob Pelley, Regional Manager of Innovacorp, on Spark Cape Breton, an investment competition for early-stage businesses, focusing on startups in the Internet, life sciences, clean tech, and ocean tech sectors.
Social Capital: Building the networks
- CBU President David Wheeler and others on the “2500 Club”, a campaign to reach 2500 jobs in Cape Breton Island’s growing innovation and technology sectors. (Where are we now? Where are we going? and How do we get there?).
- Eric Lortie, developer/organizer, and winners of the Marcato Hackathon on “Building Something Awesome”… including the community.
Help spread the word. Forward this to a friend, or retweet this:
— StartupCapeBreton (@StartupCBIsland) November 12, 2014