Bystander Intervention programs aim to empower individuals to confidently intervene in an incident in order to stop it.
Individuals learn how to prevent and de-escalate situations, while maintaining their own safety and the safety of others around them. Engaging the broader community, raising awareness of sexual violence in addition to changing the social norms are some of the outcomes of bystander intervention training.
Bystander Intervention programs are part of a multi-pronged approach to combat sexual violence at Cape Breton University. This is an internationally recognized training program and students, staff and faculty are all encouraged to participate.
Each session is capped at 25 participants so please register with the form below.
Student sessions are:
- Tuesday, September 19, 5pm-6:30pm – Room CE265
- Wednesday, September 20, 5pm-6:30pm – Room CE265
- Thursday, September 21, 5pm-6:30pm – Room CE265
Staff and faculty sessions are:
- Friday, September 22, 10am–11:30pm – Room CE265
- Friday, September 22, 1pm-2:30pm – Room CE265