Position: STEAM Facilitator (FULL TIME)
Department: Visitor Experience
Supervisor: Coordinator, Visitor Experience
Position Category: Full Time
Starting Salary: *dependent on experience
Working Hours: 35 hours per week (Some weekends and evenings may be required)
Start Date: early November 2016
- Either completion of a university degree in a STEAM subject, Education, Communication or other relevant field, and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. (relevant experience would include working positions related to interpretation, education, or recreational programming, especially those within science centres or museums
- Exceptional communication skills – specifically in public speaking and/or performing and writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Experienced writing interactive programs for a range of audiences
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment
- Able to approach problems with a creative and flexible outlook
- Demonstrated aptitude for safe practices
- A clean criminal record check and child abuse registry check are mandatory
- Must hold or be working towards a certificate in First Aid with CPR C
- A clean driving licence is considered an asset
The Full Time STEAM Facilitator (SF) is a senior member of the Visitor Experience team responsible for leading the delivery of an exceptional experience for all Discovery Centre visitors.
Primarily the role is focused on encouraging visitor interaction with the centre’s exhibits and facilitating our demonstrations and hands-on programs. The SF has additional responsibility for keeping the visitor experience fresh; developing and implementing new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) programs for public visitors, birthday party guests, organized groups and day camps. The full time STEAM Facilitator is also involved in training and developing part time staff and volunteers.
Applications will be accepted until October 12th, 2016.
Please submit your resume, stating which position you are applying for
ATTENTION: Ruth Munro at firstname.lastname@example.org