Alberta Health Services (AHS), is Canada’s first and largest province wide, fully-integrated health system, responsible for delivering health services to over four million people living in Alberta, as well as to some residents of Saskatchewan, British Columbia and the Northwest Territories.
With 106 acute care hospitals, five stand-alone psychiatric facilities, 8,471 acute care beds, 23,742 continuing care beds/spaces and 208 community palliative and hospice beds, 2,439 addiction and mental health beds, plus equity partnership in 42 primary care network, programs and services are offered at over 650 facilities throughout the province, including hospitals, clinics, continuing care facilities, cancer centres, mental health facilities and community health sites.
Construction is underway on the new ultra modern 200 bed Grande Prairie Regional Hospital. The new Hospital will provide a wide range of health care services, including surgery, cancer care and emergency services. The 200 single inpatient rooms include medical, surgical and rehabilitation; intensive care; cardiac care; obstetrics; neonatal intensive care; pediatric and mental health beds. The existing 161 bed Queen Elizabeth II Regional Hospital will continue being used as a health care facility by providing urgent care, outpatient care and community health services.
AHS is seeking an extraordinary leader who can naturally inspire and motivate a broad range of teams and stakeholders. Join the AHS leadership team as
Perioperative Nurse Manager
This exciting career advancement position offers a unique opportunity to participate in the further development of a progressive surgical program within the existing Queen Elizabeth II Regional Hospital while planning for occupancy and service delivery in the new Grande Prairie Regional Hospital. Surgical services provided include: Urology, Orthopedics, ENT, General, Gyne, Dental and Ophthalmology Surgery and will expand to include Bariatric, Plastics, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery as well as support for the new cancer center, including radiation therapy.
- Must be eligible for membership with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta and possess: a BScN; Peri-operative Nursing Certification; current Basic Cardiac Life Support; and Operating Room nursing experience.
- An advanced degree in nursing or administration and relevant nursing management experience would be considered assets.
Reporting to the Patient Care Director, the Perioperative Nurse Manager is responsible for:
- Leadership of the Operating Rooms, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit and the OR Booking Office and for the coordination of optimum care to surgical patients aligned with the AHS mission, goals and direction
- Coordinating and providing leadership in the daily operation and delivery of services
- Developing and recommending the operational plan for designated areas
- Identifying training needs and ensuring skill maintenance programs are provided to staff
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with budgetary guidelines
- Providing day-to-day leadership of nursing and support staff within the units
- The Perioperative Nurse Manager is currently responsible for the management of nursing and support staff working in 7 OR theatres and 6 Post Anesthesia recovery Unit (PACU) bays. The QEIIRH OR services the elective, urgent, trauma and emergent surgical needs of adult and pediatric patients in Grande Prairie, north western Alberta and north eastern British Columbia.
AHS offers a highly competitive annual Compensation, Benefits, Pension Plan, Northern Residents Allowance, Professional Development funding as well as relocation costs. The compensation is up to $127,250 annually plus benefits. This is an exceptional career advancement opportunity to provide leadership within a top-tier surgical program in an outstanding organization.
Please forward a resume in confidence to: Robb Callaghan, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 289-238-9079 Fax: 905-357-2601