Accounting Technician, Town of Antigonish
274 Main St
Antigonish, Nova Scotia B2G 2C4
Municipal Government – includes a water and electric utility as well as green energy
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary business program with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in Finance/Accounting.
- Ability to use MS Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), accounting software and willingness to learn new programs.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Knowledge of general accounting.
- Demonstrable accountability, judgment and decision making, communication, teamwork, planning, organizing and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past experiences (hobbies, school).
- Proficiency in English language is required.
Duties may include:
- Dealing with front cash
- Responding to client inquiries
- Working in other areas of the organization during vacations
- Developing presentations for Director relating to HR and Finance
- Preparing reports for the province
- Preparing supporting information for year end and budget
- Records Management
- Billing and internet payment processing
- Special projects which include regulatory review work, supporting financial analysis for studies or decision-making
- Preparation of varied documents which could include RFP, business case analysis, etc
- Financial analysis of varied projects or options required as part of analysis. Analysis may include town accounts, water or electric utilities.
- Preparing and making bank deposits as well as reconciling bank accounts
- Financial analysis, report creation and forecasting
- Working on front cash
- Developing HR related job descriptions
- Mapping accounts to GL
- Other general accounting and administrative duties as required.
- This is a six-month temporary position. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
Please apply through the following link: http://ssbdc.ca/jobs/