The CBU Art Gallery seeks one Education and Outreach Coordinator to help develop and implement a strategic plan to cultivate new audiences, improve educational programming, and strengthen community engagement with the Gallery’s exhibitions and programs. The successful candidate will work to research, develop, support, implement, and deliver art gallery programming to gallery audiences, including art camp programs with a focus on children between the ages of 6-12, teens between the ages 13-17, and young adults between the ages 18-22 in the dynamic environment of the CBU Art Gallery and CBU campus.
Our ideal candidate possesses excellent research, leadership, interpersonal skills with a background in audience research & development, community engagement, or arts education. Accomplished language competence in English required. Knowledge of French is desired but not required. The work requires a good degree of independence and flexibility and we are seeking candidates who will enthusiastically and positively contribute to the experience of our gallery visitors.
The candidate profile also includes:
• Some university education in Fine Arts, Arts Education, Arts Administration, Museum Studies, Hospitality and Tourism, and Community Studies or equivalent degree and relevant work experience.
• Experience Required: Less than a year of experience in arts education or community outreach; previous experience or interest working with children and youth.
• Personal attributes: Excellent organizational skills, communications skills – both written and oral presentation, and the ability to work well within a team, maturity, commitment, and a good work ethic.
• A valid certificate in First Aid/CPR would be considered an asset.
• Familiarity with the PC Windows OS and software.
Co-op Students Only: To be eligible you must be accepted into the BA, BACS or BBA Co-op Program.
Reporting to: Curator, Cape Breton University Art Gallery
Wages/Hours per Week: $15/hr, 35 hrs/wk
Start Date: May 2, 2016 End Date: August 19, 2016
The successful candidate will be asked to submit a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to:
Attn: Karie Liao, Curator, CBU Art Gallery, Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road, Sydney, NS B1P 6L2
Or email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Monday April 18, 2016