THIS IS A WINTER CO-OP OR DEVELOPMENTAL STUDENT PLACEMENT (January 2017 – August 2017)
GENERATE a future of possibilities
As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
|JOB TITLE:||Business Administration / Management Co-op or Developmental Student – Winter 2017|
|STATUS:||Co-op or Developmental Student – Winter 2017|
|EDUCATION LEVEL:||Minimum completion of first year|
The duration of this Co-op / Developmental term is 8 months.
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Production Department which is located in Renfrew, Ontario, approximately 400 kilometers East from Toronto, Ontario.
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Take completed work packages and update the work management system (AS7) accordingly. This may include inputting field reports, modifying shop orders, modifying procedures/forms under the direction of the Planning Officer and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist the Planning Officer in the revisions to existing maintenance plans as the result of removed equipment and adding new maintenance plans for newly installed equipment.
- Develop a system (spreadsheet) to monitor work accomplishments and carry forward any uncompleted work.
- Retrieve and prepare work order packages from the work management system (AS7) for each Supervisor. Work order packages can include shop orders, drawings, manufacturer’s literature, procedures, and maintenance forms
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Opportunity to work with Work Management software in a production environment
- Develop your skills in planning and implementing work packages.
- Increase your skills in communication and technical report writing
We are searching for an enthusiastic Business Administration / Management student who has completed a minimum of one year and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent report writing skills
This placement may involve some travel. A valid “G2” driver’s license is required. Ready access to a vehicle would be an asset.
We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than 11:59 PM (E.S.T.), September 13, 2016
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com. OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
You must be eligible to work in Canada. OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known by contacting us in advance.
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.