We are searching for an enthusiastic Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control, Civil, or Software Engineering student who has completed a minimum of 2 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Nuclear Waste Design Engineering, which is located in Pickering and Tiverton, Ontario.
- Minimum completion of second year
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
You may have the opportunity to assist in the support, development and implementation of our Work Program.
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Preparing Master and Design ECs (including but not limited to performing walkdowns).
- Updating Design Manuals and preparing Design requirements.
- Preparing Design documents (including but not limited to drawings, Instrumentation Diagrams, Cable Block Documentation Correction Request (DCR) and close out ECs).
- Providing design engineering support to emergent issues.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Work Coordination
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Control Process
- Knowledge of Nuclear Waste Systems and Components
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Effective communication skill, both written and orally
- Strong computer skills, essentially basic programs include Microsoft Access
- Commitment to producing high quality work and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
This placement may involve some travel. A valid “G2” driver’s license is required. Ready access to a vehicle would be an asset.
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than midnight, May 11, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com. OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known by contacting us in advance.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.
To learn more about the Co-op Option in your program, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer by email: email@example.com