As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
JOB TITLE: Training/Teaching Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017
LOCATION: Tiverton, Ontario
EDUCATION LEVEL: Minimum completion of second year
TRAVEL: Yes – 10% Travel
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Fleet Operations Training Department, which is located in Tiverton, Ontario.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Business, Human Resources Management, or Teaching student who has completed a minimum of 2 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Strong organization skills and research skills
- Computer/database/spreadsheet knowledge
- Demonstrated presentation, training or teaching experience
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Basic project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- This placement may involve some travel. A valid “G2” driver’s license is required. Ready access to a vehicle would be an asset.
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Assisting with developing and organizing training lesson plans, course material, overheads and checkouts for courses
- Assisting with delivering training, training program assessments and implementing new programs and procedures
- Developing computer assisted learning courses
- Assisting with preparation of department metrics and quarterly meeting preparation
- Providing administrative assistance for control of QA records material
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Presenting material
- Knowledge of Systematic Approach to Training and the application in the classroom and material
- Communications Skills
- Corporate Experience
Applicants must meet the Co-op Program requirements for their degree. For further information, contact Jennifer Currie or Carly Turnbull: CBU Student Placement Officers.
All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
To Apply: on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than midnight, December 20, 2016.
- OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts.
- If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada.
- OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.