Job/Project Description: Academic and Career Advising support. Assist the Academic and Career Services staff in the planning and delivery of services/events to create positive experiences for CBU students.
- Working with the academic success coach on programming initiatives such as peer mentoring, at-risk student outreach, and the peer success coaching program.
- Increase student awareness of the Academic and Career Services centre and its services through social media and in-person promotion.
- Assist in the development and delivery of a survey to increase student awareness of services
- Organizing, promoting and providing facilitation support for workshops and/or discussion forums on relevant topics.
- Assist with website programing and content
- Providing program support for the Academic Success Coach and Career Advisor.
- Development, delivery and analysis of survey to determine students’ awareness of services.
- Working independently on assigned projects.
- Updating website content.
- Providing outreach services (via phone/email) to identified at-risk students.
- Organizing workshops/discussion forms and assisting in program development
- Find creative ways to attract students to the workshops and discussion forums
- Help students connect with pre-existing resources.
- Friendly and reliable 2nd or 3rd year student who displays good time management.
- Well-organized student with respect for confidentiality and possesses excellent communication skills
- Exceptional computer/website development/social media skills
- Create and able to work in both group and independent settings
Start Date: Mid-September
End Date: Mid-April
Hours: All positions are part time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/applications/
Deadline to apply is September 11, 2015.