To support the work of CBCVO. CBCVO is an umbrella organization of charitable, non-profit and voluntary organizations working together to improve their impact on the health and vitality of the Cape Breton community. Over the years, CBCVO has served as host for both volunteer and paid and internships from other organizations.
The Intern will be assigned tasks including but not limited to:
- developing a database of actions used by other organizations similar to CBCVO who support small to medium sized volunteer-related organizations and community initiatives.
- act as project coordinator for projects initiated by the CBCVO (e.g. meeting site support including a workshop on board development with the Cooperative Study Club in Sydney that can be offered elsewhere on Cape Breton island, research on historical trends in voluntary organizations across Cape Breton, writing on issues of the day for 3 or more website posts on www.cbcvo.ca)
- other duties as they arise that assist with the operations of CBCVO.
- Assist with researching issues for CBCVO Board, membership, or other local meetings. Attending those meetings to present on the issues.
- Consult with the CBCVO Board and relevant groups and Government organizations in order to facilitate achieving CBCVO’s goals.
- Updating a membership survey that was done in 2013 with local groups, preparing documents for distribution back to the CBCVO membership.
- This position is open to current students (preference given to students with interest in the voluntary sector);
- Professional interest in community engagement and leadership;
- Big picture thinking with holistic ideas for community engagement;
- Enthusiasm for volunteerism and how it contributes to the health of the community;
- Strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to commit an average of 8-14 hours per week and the flexibility to attend monthly meetings
- Organized and efficient worker; ability to keep track of multiple projects and tasks
Start Date: Mid-September
End Date: Mid-April
Hours: All positions are part time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/applications/
Deadline to apply is September 11, 2015.