Job/Project Description: Research assistant/social media marketing, digital strategies and content creation
The position is intended to help the management team of the School of Professional Studies (faculty from the three depts and the Dean) to develop a strong website and wider social media strategy. The tasks of the social media strategy assistant involve a range of research-related activities including but not limited to: making changes to the school website including posting new information; attending meetings of the management team; attending special events that should be reported on; assisting in data compilation interviewing, transcription, writing/editing of news story as advised, as well as photography and videography as required.
- good social and communication skills
- research skills
- experience with setting up websites
- social media
- marketing experience
- editing and providing research assistance
- basic training will be provided if necessary
- preference will be given to an upper level or post baccalaureate student with an interest in website development, experience with publishing through social media, and an interest in content/issues related to the professions housed within in the school (education, nursing and health sciences)
- experience with giving workshops to adult learners would be an asset
The student is responsible for working independently under the direction of the management team. Making changes to the School website as advised, updating the facebook page as advised, providing research assistance in managing the marketing initiatives and social media content creation to meet deadline and provide updated content as required. The position involves training faculty in social media as needed, and requires the pitching of ideas for ‘stories’ and taking the pitch from idea stage to publication and dissemination.
Start Date: September 19
End Date: December 2016
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/