Job/Project Description: Research Assistant – Marketing
A student Research Assistant (RA) is sought to actively work with a Marketing faculty member in the Shannon School of Business collecting data and examining survey results that explore students’ loyalty to their university; the influence loyalty programs have on students’ decision making process, and other similar projects. This work will be challenging but also fun with plenty of opportunity to build job related skills.
- Students from any academic background or level are encouraged to apply e.g., working on a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree.
- Completion of a research methods and statistics courses would be considered a benefit.
- Proficiency in MS Word; experience using SPSS; previous research experience an asset.
- Assisting with getting the data or reports published in journals or as otherwise intended by the researcher.
- Reviewing existing material on the subject, such as books, newspaper and journal articles, internet resources, published data and creating summarized reports for the researcher to peruse.
- Gathering and putting together material for the research committee’s scrutiny.
- Assisting the researcher in obtaining funds for the project, preparing grant applications etc.
- Performing supporting activities in the data gathering process, such as preparing questionnaires or locating and screening suitable interview subjects etc.
- Analyzing the data gathered by the researcher and compiling summarized reports, graphs and tables.
- Providing administrative and clerical services as required by the researcher, also forms a part of Research Assistant responsibilities.
Start Date: September 19
End Date: April 2017
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/