Nestled at the foot of Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Nova Scotia, Cheticamp Co-op is a diversified retail business providing its members/customers with food, hardware, building supplies and a funeral home. Our co-operative has been serving our community since 1937. It has an impressive growth record and an annual sales volume of approximately $12 million.
In this role, reporting to the General Manager, you will be an integral part of the financial team with responsibilities covering the full accounting cycle.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
– 3-5 years of pertinent experience
– Excellent knowledge of Excel & Accounting Software
– Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
- -Financial statements preparation
- -Training, appraising, supervising, work scheduling and work assignments for all office personnel
- – Payroll functions
- -Inventory control functions
- -Membership purchases and dividends
– Various journal entries
– Bank reconciliations
– Cash flow management
– General ledger’s accounts reconciliation
– Audit files preparation
– Government reports preparation (GST/QST)
– Competitive compensation and benefit program
– Pernament Full-Time
Please apply in writing to:
La Coopérative de Chéticamp
PO Box 40, Chéticamp
Cape Breton, N.S.
Deadline date: February 3, 2017
We thank you for your interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.