Accounting Clerk, MacCoy Insurance Brokers Limited
140 Pitt Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6R7
MacCoy Insurance Brokers Limited was established in 1945 and has just celebrated our 71st anniversary in business. Our firm operates in the Maritime Provinces and provides commercial insurance products to clients in several sectors including contractors, service, retail, wholesale and manufacturing. MacCoy represents approximately fifty general insurance companies and presents the most competitive product to business prospects as well as our existing clients. The product lines that our firm provides include commercial property, commercial automobile fleets, directors and officer’s insurance, bonding, to name a few. MacCoy Insurance also specializes in program business such as municipalities. We welcome any applicants to review our website www.maccoyinsurance.ca.
- Knowledge of Sage 50
- Knowledge of computers, including Windows 2007, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet
- Attendance at all department meetings
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Develop strong knowledge of workflows, policy and procedures, Power Broker computer system
- Proficient use of Power Broker Insurance Software Program
- Strong familiarity with brokerage’s policy and procedures
- Familiarity with personal and commercial insurer personnel and product lines
- Individual preferable to have University degree/Secondary Diploma B.B.A. Accounting
- Proficient typing ability
Function: knowledge of business administration, organizing people and resources efficiently so as to direct activities toward common goals and objectives. Knowledge of accounting, provide managers with management information for record-keeping and decision-making purposes
- Oversee and initiate any necessary general maintenance for all electrics and computer equipment
- Prepare all purchases requested by staff members for presentation to management
- Update inventory report on a regular basis
- Review and update list of responsibilities for staff relative to EDI and other responsibilities
- Record all requests for vacation schedule and attendance record
- Supervise customer service issues, waiting clients, response to telephone inquiries
- Reduction in expense in all segments
- Record licensing and registration
- Computer monitoring and upgrades, end of day computer back-ups
- Monitor the needs of reception
- Open Canada Post mail date stamp and sort the mail
- Ensure all payment received are deposited. Post payments to accounts receivable batch daily and confirm
- Ensure that all contracts are accurate and down payment is paid in full
- Cheque payable to the Receiver General for monthly installment
- Trust refund cheques issued prior to month end.
- Reimburse cash box for miscellaneous expenses prior to month end
- Prior to month end, run preliminary reports to ensure that commissions are accurate
- Run the following reports: Binder, Claims and New Business, update the new business board
- Run month end reports and update computer budget
- Do end of day processing in Power Broker and backup when everyone is out of the system
- Accounts reconciliation for bank accounts, direct bill and agency bill accounts
- Follow up any discrepancies on policy transactions for agency bill, sales and commission reports
- Follow up overdue account receivables at least twice a month with each producer and ensure that they are following guidelines for payment options
- Regularly check the master list of clients to ensure that producers are keeping on top of payments
- Keep a record of all contracts which are being paid by pre-authorized chequing and ensure that withdrawals are made on schedule from client’s chequing account
- Post NSFs and notify the producer immediately so they can collect outstanding payment
- Contact clients on outstanding premium installments
- Support C.A. to review year-end report. Do year end back up before and after year end. See to transfer of all appropriate documents to storage area
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
Please apply through the following link: http://ssbdc.ca/jobs/