League Savings and Mortgage, (Halifax office), is currently accepting applications for a summer co-op term position of Investment Assistant to provide administrative and customer service support for the investment team. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a Business Degree and be a participant in their Universities Co-op program.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing a degree in business discipline. Previous experience in a financial institution would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing
- Basic understanding of filing systems (electronic and paper based)
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of electronic banking systems
Reporting to the Supervisor, Retail Deposits Administration, the Investment Assistant will be responsible for:
- Creating a report using the banking system to determine the number of League Savings and Mortgage members who have converted to electronic statements. Preparing a second report to determine which members are still scheduled to receive paper copies. Developing a letter template to send out to members. Following up and tracking responses as they are received. Signing members up for member direct as responses are received and tracking results through the banking system.
- Reviewing the status of project regarding the League Savings and Mortgage deposit files. Sorting existing applications to determine what missing information needs to be completed. Sorting applications into source codes. Working with the Supervisor, Retail Deposit Administration to develop an action plan to contact each different source code group (e.g. Brokers, Credit Unions, direct members). Establishing next steps required and completing project.
- Providing investment support to credit unions as required.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a term position and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or 37.5 hours per week. The term for this position will be from May 9, 2016 – August 26, 2016. This position will be paid hourly at $15.00 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications will close by end of day on Thursday, March 17, 2016.
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Atlantic Central