Citco Fund Services is a division of the Citco Group of Companies and are the world’s pre-eminent hedge fund administrators and have over 40 years experience in the provision of administration and other services to their hedge fund clients, many of whom are leading names in the industry. We offer a full range of fund administration services from 19 strategic centers globally.
Established over 8 years ago, the Halifax office has grown to be a professional team of over 425 people who service over 300 clients. This success has been built on an ability to innovate and consistently deliver a quality product. We currently have teams providing Middle Office, Corporate Actions, Pricing and Back Office services. The Operations Analyst falls within the Middle Office operation.
In this role, you will support client relationships by verifying and reporting their daily trading activity. Our clients are Investment Managers and other Citco offices around the globe. We provide accurate and auditable cash, trading activity and position information which is time sensitive, as clients use it to make investment decisions on a daily basis. Engaging our clients in a professional manner and providing dependable, timely reports are keys to success in this role.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a Co-operative Education program
- Knowledge of or an appetite to learn financial instruments such as Common Stock, Bonds, Options, futures, Forwards, Swaps, and other instruments
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with advanced formulas, data analysis, and macros an asset
- Business & Commercial Acumen
- Quality & Risk Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Drive for Results
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Prepare and review daily reconciliations of accounts, including trades, position and cash in line with Service Level Agreements
- Resolve open break items between Citco and broker/counterparty records by liaising with clients and third parties
- Understand financial instruments so as to verify correct Security setup and ensure proper P&L capture and risk management reporting
- Produce auditable month-end reporting packages to support client positions, trades and cash
- Support the conversion of any new clients or existing migrations
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Investment Managers, clients, and other Citco offices
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and enhancement of operational systems
CBU STUDENTS MUST BE ENROLLED IN A COOP PROGRAM, BEFORE APPLYING TO THE POSITION. SASS Students can Chantal_Phillips@cbu.ca or SSOB students can contact email@example.com for more information on the Co-op Program.
What do we offer in return?
- A challenging job in an international company with an informal company culture
- Training that prepares you for a career in financial services
- Modern office space
To apply for this position, see link:
Deadline to apply is March 2, 2016. Dates for position May 2- August 26, 2016