- University student in good standing in a university co-operative education program, such as business/commerce or arts
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Computer program skills – Microsoft Office & Document Development
- Comfortable working with seniors
- Previous work experience, including experience working with confidential information
- Interest in the health care field and working with seniors
- Valid driver’s license
- Police record check/vulnerable persons check required prior to start of position (please ask your advisor if you require assistance)
- Three written references (at least two work and/or volunteer references)
- After completing this cooperative work term, the student will have gained experience in overseeing and evaluating a community outreach program, assisted in developing client-centered programs, and fundraising/public relations.
Utilized their business technology and documentation skills to develop various reports
- Assisting with Seniors Outreach Program (Community Health, Wellness, & Safety Education Program) including scheduling, consulting with participants and facilitators, monitoring & evaluating participation, and fundraising / soliciting donations for the program.
- Developing business documents, as needed, for all departments (Administration, Dietary, Nursing and Environmental Services): letters, reports, statistics, marketing flyers, research reports, notices…etc.
- Assisting with coordinating meetings and education sessions for all departments
- Assist with fundraising, including researching/proposing projects
- Assisting with the preparation of the organization newsletter
- Office Administration: Typing, Filing, Photocopying and Scheduling
Dates: January 4, 2016 – April 22, 2016
Hours: 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday
(occasionally assistance with special events in evenings or on weekends may be requested)
Wage: $15/hour at 35 hours per week (+ 4% vacation pay)
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on October 23, 2015