Co-op Accounting Student:
Company: East Coast Metal Fabrication Inc. & Sydport Operations Inc.
Start Date: May 9th, 2016
Duration: 12-16 weeks
The student will report to and be supervised be the Financial Controller and the General Manager of ECMF. The student will work closely with and receive guidance and feedback from the Financial Controller on a daily basis.
The student will develop countless skills surrounding payroll, taxes, remittances, unions, payables, receivables, problem solving, accounting software skills, reporting and working with others. The mentor will assign and supervise various tasks employing these skills, and set goals for the student with the aim of the student becoming increasingly confident of executing these tasks independently.
- Aid in the tracking, auditing, reconciliation, and entry of payable and receivable invoices.
- Act as part of the Accounting team which delivers essential financial reporting to owners/managers.
- Enter and review daily payroll information. Help process Payroll Records including the review of payroll calculations, remittances, and taxes.
- Develop and execute methods to increase administrative efficiency of the company.
- Other accounting related tasks to be assigned by the Financial Controller.
To apply: Please send your resumé & cover letter to Matt Latimer, Financial Controller at email@example.com.
Questions and inquiries can be directed to Matt as well, by email (above) or phone: (902) 578-0911.