Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada’s largest energy company – one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Job Segment: Engineer, Sustainability, Offshore Oil, Process Engineer, Entry Level Engineer, Engineering, Energy
Want to be involved in day-to-day production operations, work closely with our production engineers, and have the opportunity to interact with other technical groups within Suncor? In this position, you will become an integrated member of the production engineering team and the drilling completions interventions (DCI) team as well as assist with the planning and execution of subsea wells, and oversee drilling and completions activities for all of our non-operated joint venture projects on the East Coast.
- Assist in monitoring the floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit’s subsea and well operation for conformance
- Develop processes, procedures and tools for monitoring and analyzing system performance
- Assist in well performance analysis
- Participate with the optimization of production and injection
- Partake in troubleshooting subsea and well operating issues
- Compile offset drilling and completions data
- Maintain drilling curves and schedules
- Perform site visits to inspect/QC drilling and completions equipment
- Act as a focal point for communication to a broad range of third party service providers
- Complete equipment failure investigation and testing
- Assign, compile, and follow through to closeout of lessons learned
- Complete end of well reports and documentation
Experience and Education:
- Prior industry experience is an asset, with an interest in a career in the offshore industry in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor of mechanical, civil or process engineering degree at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of engineering-related projects
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
This is a four-month work term, starting in May 2017
- LOCATION: St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
- JOB NUMBER: 11150
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
For more information on enrolling in the Co-op Option at CBU contact Carly Turnbull by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.