Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) is Nova Scotia’s private sector-led business development agency. We help companies enhance their competitiveness through trade development and financing. We are also responsible for attracting foreign direct investment to the province, driving the growth of Nova Scotia’s economy. NSBI’s Strategy & Research division provides research, analysis, and strategic planning for the organization, as well as for Nova Scotia companies through its Trade Market Intelligence (TMI) program.
- Business undergraduate co-op student;
- Strong investigative research skills and interest in conducting research;
- Ability to analyze and organize research findings and create reports;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good time management skills;
- High degree of initiative and autonomy;
- Confident, outgoing and flexible personality;
- Interest in international business.
- Conduct primary and secondary international trade (TMI) research, and develop customized reports for Nova Scotia companies for evaluating expansion into foreign markets;
- Conduct research for Sector Strategists to assist in the development of sector strategies for NSBI, both domestically and internationally;
- Conduct research on companies and create company profiles;
- Provide research and support as required for meetings with government agencies, NSBI Board of Directors, NSBI departments, and clients;
- Utilize various databases in conducting research.
Position Reports to: Trade Strategist
Department: Strategy & Research
Dates: May 1 – September 1, 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience ($14-$16 per hour)
World Trade & Convention Center, 1800 Argyle Street, Suite 700, Halifax, NS B3J 3N8
For more information on NSBI: https://www.novascotiabusiness.com/
To Apply, send resume, cover letter and a copy of your unofficial transcript to email@example.com