The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
- Must hold in confidence all matters pertaining to patients and staff within the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA).
- Good working knowledge of accounting and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word and Access.
- Maintain and promote good working relationships and communications within the organization as a whole and with outside contacts.
- Promote the mission of quality health care by performing any other tasks and duties that may be assigned or required in order to maintain effective and efficient work flows.
- Enrolment in a recognized post-secondary business and/or accounting co-op program
- Possesses a solid understanding of the finance processes and key performance indicators
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively under pressure with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
The financial analyst co-op role is an important role across the finance portfolio, providing assistance in ensuring all processes and system technology is efficient and working to support stakeholders, customers, vendors, and employees. These positions have key relationships across the NSHA with Clinical & Administrative Managers and Directors, to support financial, payroll, budget and cost decisions. They are assigned functional accountabilities to align with departments:
- financial analysis support to managers/directors on budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis;
- corporate reporting expertise on reporting, accounting, capital funding, tax, treasury and internal controls;
- budget and revenue analysis, supporting the Business Planning process, implementation and ongoing maintenance of budget and revenue generation/ monitoring
- payroll analysis related to resources, collective agreements, payroll processing and audit/reconciliation;
- Accounts receivable analysis, rate consolidation and process improvements;
- Case costing analytical work to support case costing reporting through collaborative discussions with NSHA leaders; and internal audit work related to the prioritized list of reviews.
Reporting to the Managers within the Corporate Reporting, Budget, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, and Financial Analytics departments the financial analysts co-op are responsible to provide analytical support to corporate activities serviced by the finance portfolio (Budget, Variance Analysis, Forecasting, Reporting, etc….), transactional processing centres (Accounts Receivable, Payroll, etc…) and support to NSHA leaders (Directors, Managers, Physician Leaders, etc….).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 17th before 12 noon. Please quote job number: JOB POSTING # 11850
May to August, 2017
(Regular Full-Time, Averaging 75 Hours Per Pay Period)
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site. The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances. Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.