Formed with the idea of uniting businesses and communities across Cape Breton to drive the economy forward, the Cape Breton Partnership has created an effective forum for private and public investors to come together with the common goals of: forging partnerships, capitalizing on opportunities and building a stronger Cape Breton. The Cape Breton Partnership is currently recruiting a Communications and Marketing Assistant.
Qualifications: BBA (Marketing Major) or BA (Communication Major)
The Communications/Marketing Assistant will work in an easy-going, yet often fast paced environment and work on a wide variety of projects. The candidate should be personable, organized and driven. The Cape Breton Partnership is looking for someone professional, forward thinking and fun!
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Coordinator, you will assist with the following duties:
- Daily media monitoring: With over 150 Investors the Partnership believes that their news is our news. By keeping up on the news we can be prepared to share it with the world, act on it and take a proactive approach to issues we foresee.
- Writing and Editing: While dealing with Investors, Board Members and all levels of government you will deal with correspondence, media notices and news releases, newsletter articles for the Partnership Pulse, Letters to the Editor and Op-Ed pieces.
- Website Maintenance: You’ll be a web master by the time you leave here and will help the Partnership promote its brand across a variety of mediums. You will have an opportunity to develop a new web strategy to help the Partnership spread good news stories and promoting business in Cape Breton.
- Special events planning: From site logistics to keynote speakers and speech writing to advertising and promotions, you’ll dive headfirst into exciting conferences, symposiums and luncheons. As the communications/marketing assistant we will need your help to make this event a success through online promotion, developing key messages, creating a brand and various planning and support functions.
- Other opportunities include: Region wide networking, media relations and investor relations, Stakeholder and Board management, strategic planning sessions, promotion and marketing of the Cape Breton Partnership brand and other investor brands.
Students can only apply if you are a registered Co-op student with CBU. If you are interested in becoming a Co-op student, please contact email@example.com
Dates: September 5, 2016 to December 16, 2016
Salary: $15 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Location: Sydney, NS
To Apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org