Location: Kemptville, NS
Category: Recent or Potential CBU Grads
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a significant position within a hotel.
- Working knowledge of front office/guest service operations, food and beverage operations,
housekeeping, and maintenance required.
- Candidate with luxury hospitality experience will be given preference.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work and participate in a team oriented environment.
- Diploma or degree in hospitality or related field preferred.
Trout Point Lodge Wilderness Resort & Hotel (troutpoint.com) seeks a qualified General Manager whose duties will start in the Spring of 2017.
- The General Manager will oversee a seasonal staff of about 23 employees and will work closely with the two proprietors who have managed the property over the past 17 years. Though the Lodge is open seasonally from May through the end of October, the Manager position is full-time and year-round; obviously there will be opportunities for travel and a flexible schedule in the off season, November through April.
- The General Manager will be tasked with overseeing all daily operations of the boutique, wilderness resort during the season, and will include receiving and working directly with Lodge guests.
- The General Manager will be the public face of a hotel where superlative guest service is a must.
- The General Manager will oversee the quality of accommodations, maintain the employee schedule, and motivate all employees to work as a team.
- He or she will work with the proprietors to maintain existing experiential tourism offerings, and to innovate new ones.
- He or she will look after the physical plant and advise the proprietors of any necessary maintenance.
- He or she will also be responsible for inventory management and will work with the proprietors in areas such as pricing, marketing, and public relations.
- He or she must become familiar with and implement the detailed quality standards of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. The ideal candidate will have substantial hospitality experience, ideally in the luxury hotel sector.
- He or she must have excellent written and oral communication skills; capacity in English and French is a plus.
- Ability to oversee employees.
- Willingness to live and work in a remote, wilderness setting.
- Knowledge of property management and reservations software; basic knowledge of accounting.
- To oversee the guest service function to ensure corrective action is taken to resolve guest complaints
and ensure world-class guest service is delivered on a luxury standard.
- To work with the proprietors in maximizing room revenue by anticipating and planning for market
shifts; develop and monitor strategic marketing prospects; develop, implement and monitor annual
business and marketing plans and participate in appropriate national marketing efforts.
- To ensure that all Small Luxury Hotels of the World requirements are adhered to while also creating
the unique Trout Point brand.
- To develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the
- To ensure employee motivation, training and development, team work, wage benefit administration
and compliance with policies, procedures and labour regulations.
- To work with the proprietors in monitoring the performance of financial and operational plans for the
resort that support the proprietors’ overall objectives; to assist in developing the annual budget and to
make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand
- To ensure that product quality standards are met in all areas of the hotel as it relates to the appearance,
levels of maintenance and cleanliness, establish and maintain preventative maintenance programs to
protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- To train and provide career development for subordinates, conduct performance evaluations and
provide feedback to subordinates.
- To ensure departmental procedures are adhered to for all Small Luxury Hotels of the World programs
and to help administer all programs to achieve and exceed goals.
- To communicate, promote and maintain health and safety in the workplace.
- To recognize and celebrate employees when appropriate.
We would like to receive application (resume and cover letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.