Volleyball Nova Scotia (VNS) is responsible for the growth & development of one of the world’s
most popular sports (indoor volleyball), as well as one of the fastest growing sports in the world
(beach volleyball) in our province
As a non-profit “Sport Governing Body”, VNS is a voting member of Sport Nova Scotia, as well as a
national voting member of Volleyball Canada. We are continuing strong commitment to the
development of sport at both the local and national level.
Volleyball Nova Scotia is seeking individuals to serve as the Summer Program Coordinators.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Well organized, Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
• Marketing knowledge and skills. Have the ability to work independently
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, Internet)
• Ability to work flexible hours (some weekend and evening work is required)
• Knowledge of volleyball is an asset
• Access to own transportation is an asset
• Responsible for organizing and marketing Volleyball Nova Scotia’s Summer Volleyball
Programs (Primarily Beach Volleyball and Provincial Team programs).
• Responsible for coordinating and executing provincial team identification camps, selection
camps, team training and travel.
• Responsible for organizing and executing beach volleyball programming, tournaments and
• Responsible for administering all program registration through on-line registration system
• Responsible for tracking payments for participants
• Other responsibilities will include: maintaining regular communications with membership,
website maintenance, budgeting and various other projects as assigned by the Executive
To apply please email cover letter and resume with the subject line “Summer Student Application” to
Candidate must be a full time student, returning to school in September 2016.
• Final hiring will be dependent upon receiving appropriate funding.
• Candidate will need to have a criminal record check and a vulnerable sector search check