Job Profile for Student Engagement Coordinator – CBU
With a Can-Do attitude and a Passion for Excellence our Student Engagement Coordinator works with the onsite team to ensure the food services locations are represented on campus in a positive and engaging way, and to drive revenue through marketing promotions and merchandising.
- 3rd or 4th year student from the Shannon School of Business
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other marketing and presentation software
- Understand the importance and appropriate application of social media, websites, digital signage, and other innovative technologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task as well as think and demonstrate creative flair
- Social Media/Website
- Continuous updating of the Dine on Campus website & Welcome boards at all locations
- Stay up-to-date on online posts / blogs about food – follow what students are saying, read campus newspapers, online posts, etc…
- Launch & Manage Twitter / Facebook accounts – run promotions to gain followers
- Reply & Follow up with online customer compliments & complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Student/Customer Engagement
- Key Executor of the monotony breakers, fun filled activities, food focus competition
- Support campus events and cross promote as much as possible i.e. orientation week, stress relief, menu sampling, various campus fairs – have presence in person at fair tables
- Corporative Marketing Initiative
- Assist Food Service Director with Chartwells rebrand activities
- Assist and support marketing programs, promotions, brands/strategies as set by Chartwells Marketing
- Create excitement around available marketing programs
- Knowing food is the focus, all marketing has to have an educational component
- Ensure internal and external brand marketing programs are being executed as per Chartwells standards
- Position reports directly to the Food Service Director
- Successful student will be an employee of Compass Group Canada
- Flexible work hours dependent on course schedule will 10-20/week – Monday to Friday
- Contracted from September 12,, 2016 to March 31, 2017 @ $11/hour plus benefits when eligible
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to Cheryl Kelly, Food Service Director of Cape Breton University:
- a letter of application;
- a resume; and
- complete contact information of three references.
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. September 16th, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org