Can you selfie, snap, tweet, update your status, check-in and share your insta story practically in your sleep? Is your phone always blowing up with likes, shares, retweets, comments and views? Are you the social media guru of your group? If the answer is yes, then read on because we have the perfect summer job for you!
We’re looking to hire two socially savvy and sophisticated CBU students to be the 2017 CBU Road Squad!
You’ll get to cruise Cape Breton and hit up all the hot and happening summer spots and events, meet amazing community members and form lasting partnerships, all while reppin’ CBU and having the Best. Summer. Ever.
You’ll essentially be CBU’s Marketing and Communications street team, so we’re looking for someone uber professional with a positive attitude. And every adventure needs GoPro footage, right? So it’s an asset if you’re as comfortable behind a camera, as you are in front of it. Telling the CBU story is key, so don’t forget about blogging! Creativity and written grammar skills should absolutely be on point.
- Must be a current CBU student, upper-year preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable demeanor
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience in customer service, social media, community promotions and blogging are considered an asset
- Must be willing to occasionally work long days compensated by time in lieu
If you think you’ve got what it takes to bring the CBU story to life across Cape Breton Island, we want to hear from you. Curious? Excited? Take a closer peek into the job:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote CBU and all it has to offer in a positive and respectful manner
- Document your adventures via social media (and other channels) and maintain a weekly summer blog/vlog
- Assist CBU Marketing and Communications Team as needed
- Represent CBU and/or provide support at special events
- Plan and coordinate weekly schedules
- Attend Cape Breton Island events as scheduled
- Distribute CBU swag, facilitate contests and giveaways
- Educate the community about the opportunities at CBU
- Create and maintain positive relationships with community members
- Drive and maintain CBU cruiser vehicle in safe and responsible manner, abiding by all provincial driving laws and accepting responsibility for vehicle
- Complete weekly reports to assigned supervisor
Compensation is based on 35 hours per week at a rate of $12.00 per hour on a salary basis (bi-weekly).
Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with most work weeks being from Wednesday to Sunday (depending on schedule, possibility of working Monday or Tuesday at times.)
Still think you’re the right person for our Road Squad? Awesome!
Your next step is create a video resume.
What’s a video resume? That’s up to you, but creativity will earn you bonus points! So think big, think visual and wow us with your savvy skills! Oh, and because we believe that less is more, please keep your entry under two minutes in length. We can’t wait to meet you!
Send the video resume to Lenore Parsley, Manager of Communications and Media Relations on or before Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Please be sure to include your full name and student ID number in an accompanying cover letter.