The Sydney and Area Chamber of Commerce now boasts a membership of nearly 500 representing over 12,000 employees in the CBRM, making it the third largest Chamber in the Nova Scotia. The Chamber continues to act as an advocate for local business, and the progressive development of our local economy. We keep a close eye on government activities at all three levels, and advocate for policies, programs, and developments that would benefit those who live and do business in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
Reporting to the Membership & Events Coordinator, here are some of the required tasks:
- Help with making the current Chamber webpage more user friendly for our members…collaborate with our webmaster
- Develop creative strategies to raise awareness of the Chambers mandate with the CBRM business community using social media and our website
- Assist with accounts receivable collection (make reminder calls, prepare reminder invoices, etc)
- Assist with greeting chamber members and general public on the front desk (answer phones, walk ins, take messages)
- Assist with filing of documents and cleanup of old files
- Make cold calls to new businesses and non-member businesses in the CBRM to drive membership (student would be provided training on the value package)
Duration: 8 Weeks
Hours: 35 hours per week
Wage: $11 per hour
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Jennifer_currie@cbu.ca by Friday, June 17 at 3pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish them all the best in their job hunt and future careers; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.