Number of Positions: 2-3 Competition Number: AS-0318
Employer: CBU Students’ Union Closing Date: March 18, 2016
Reporting To: Executive Assistant
Purpose: The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking individuals to fill student positions of Administrative Support. This position is to provide administrative support to the everyday duties of the Executive Assistant and to the Students’ Union Executive.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in By-law 1.01 for the duration of the employment contract and a registered CBU student prior to September 30, 2016.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Email and Internet
- Capable of operating office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of areas and departments of the University
- Sending and receiving of correspondence
- Operating the Students’ Union switchboard
- Welcoming students and guests, providing information and directions, referring inquiries and concerns to the appropriate staff member
- Typing correspondence for the Students’ Union Executive and full-time staff
- Issuing, recording, and preparing CBRM Transit passes
- Approving posters
- Booking of University Commons and Boardrooms in the Students’ Union
- Completing paperwork related to Students’ Union services
- Updating job posting boards
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Assistant and/or members of the Executive Committee
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting AS-0318 no later than 4:00PM on March 18, 2016. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Executive Assistant, P.O. Box 5300, Sydney, NS, B1P 6L2, or by email to email@example.com. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer.
CBU Students’ Union, P.O. Box 5300, Sydney, NS B1P 6L2, 902-539-2886 (fax)