Internal grants (RP grants)
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS) supports various forms of research and scholarly activity by awarding internal grants of up to $8,000 through the Research Assistance Committee of Senate (RAC). If you’re a full-time faculty member or an employee doing research at CBU, you’re eligible to apply.
Guidelines & eligibility: Please refer to our RP Policy and Guidelines
- Check you internet browser compatibility. We recommend Internet Explorer for using the online RP application system.
- Please, access the RP Grant Submissions page to create new online application form. You will need to login with your CBU credentials (user name: first name_last email@example.com, and enter your CBU password). Once you access the submission page, click ”add document” to create new application.
- Follow the instructions. Please note that spaces with red asterisk are mandatory, click “more info” if you need clarification.
- Save your form as you work on it.
- Please note, before you are ready to submit, follow these instructions how to save your application in PDF format for your future reference.
- Any problems with the RP Grant Application can be directed to the ORGS by email. We appreciate your feedback and welcome any suggestions while we transition from the old system to this new online application to make improvements to the online system currently under development.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until 8:00 pm AST, Friday, February 24, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Research Advancement Officer at (902.563.1832) or by email.
If you’re a new tenure-track faculty member, you’re eligible for a one-time grant of $2,000.
Guidelines & eligibility: You must apply for and spend these funds within the first two years of your appointment.
Application: Please submit your application to the Dean of Research, Teaching and Graduate Studies by emailing Brenda Leloup, Assistant to the Dean, Research and Graduate Studies, School of Professional Studies.
If you have questions about the application or process, please contact Research Advancement Officer, (902.563.1832) or by email.
Apply for Start-up grants here.
There are a number of external grants available to CBU researchers, including grants from:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC): the Discovery grants and Instrumentation grants
- Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC): a range of opportunities related to talent, insight, and connection
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
Supporting your success
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies supports any research applications, especially applications that require institutional letters of support and a description of the importance of the work within CBU’s research strategy. We also report to funding agencies on behalf of CBU researchers.
The application process
Please note that CBU internal submission dates are at least two weeks earlier than external deadlines. Some of these dates are based on prior calendar years, so please check the calendar or email Research Advancement Officer to determine if the funding agency has changed the date for this year’s competition.
Once you’re ready to apply, follow this easy two-step process:
Step 1: Submit your application to the Research Office for review and institutional signatures.
Step 2: Then submit your application to Research Advancement Officer. The RAO will make sure it has received institutional approval, and then submit your application on your behalf.
Please note: If you wish to apply for partnership funds or major infrastructure grants, please contact Jodi McDavid, the major research projects officer (MRPO), as soon as possible at 902-563-1107 or by email.
See the Calendar of Important Dates to find relevant deadlines.