Student Employment - Game Day Staff
The Department of Athletics at CBU invites applications from CBU students for Game Day Staff positions.
Reporting to the Game Day Manager, ideal candidates will have an interest in varsity sports at CBU and be flexible in their work hours to accommodate weekend and evening events. Game Day Staff are responsible for a wide variety of duties which include:
- Setting up and tearing down of equipment at sporting events
- Operating score clock, 24 second clock
- Compiling and tabulating computerized statistics at varsity games
- Operating sound system for games
- Announcing games
- Webcast Play-by-Play Announcing
- Webcast Colour Commentary Announcing
- Coordinating Promotions
- Selling/taking tickets
- Ushering and providing security at games
- Ball shagging
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates should send to the Department of Athletics:
- a letter of application identifying his/her education and experience as it relates to this position;
- a resume;
- complete contact information of three references
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. April 4, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cape Breton University is an equal opportunities/affirmative action employer.
Cape Breton University
Department of Athletics
P.O. Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, NS, B1P 6L2