Here are a few MBA in CED Alumni
- Kyle Kelbert is the CEO of the Athabasca Health Region in Saskatchewan
- Jessica Mills is the Director of Planning and Community Development, for the City of Thompson, MB
- Naomi Arron is a Research & Project Officer with the Nova Scotia Dept. of Economic and Rural Development in Halifax, NS
- Nolan Crouse is the mayor of St A.lbert, AB.
- Brigadier General Michael Jorgensen completed his degree in 18 months by taking courses in Kingston and in Sydney. He is now on secondment with NATO in the Netherlands.
- Maria Vasanelli is the Superintendent of Education with the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board in Thunder Bay ON. She completed our Oshawa program.
- Alison Scott MSW is the Executive Director of the Children’s services agency in the Waterloo Region, in Ontario.
- Stacia Kean is the Project Coordinator for PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise in Thunder Bay ON. Stacia recently won a fellowship for upcoming leaders in addition to a coveted $17,500 SSHRC scholarship while she was a student in our MBA program. She began her MBA in CED education with the Kingston, Ontario cohort, and completed her degree in Sydney as a full time student.
- Mary Beth Doucette is the Director of Quality Assurance with the Membertou First Nation in Sydney, N.S. She won a highly regarded $17,500 SSHRC scholarship as a student in the Cape Breton University MBA in CED.
- Larry Kirkpatrick is VP Corporate Services with Stewart Weir consulting engineers in Edmonton, AB
- Heather Wheeliker is Director-Community and Employee Engagement with the City of Edmonton, AB
- David Alderson is Program Development officer with the Verchuren Centre for Sustainability in Energy and the Environment with us here at Cape Breton University, Sydney NS
“I am doing something for the community which I belong to using what I learned overseas in Canada. The MBA in CED qualifies me to work in the economic and business administration department of the university and the experiences I had in Canada enables me to teach English to Chinese students and introduce a whole different culture to them.”
MBA in CED ‘05
Instructor, Department of Economics and Business Administration Shijiazhuang Institute of Technology & Instructor (Part-Time)
Shijiazhuang Vocational College of Foreign Language Translation