The three-year Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management Degree program includes two four-month paid internships and is built on a 30-year reputation for educating highly qualified personnel for the hospitality and tourism industry.
Cape Breton University / SSOB – Derek Zhang, BHTM Internship Program.
Student Testimonial BBA Cooperative Internship Program – Patrick Cookson, BBA Marketing .
Program curriculum includes a blend of hospitality, tourism, business, arts and science. Graduates are well prepared to enter various types of employment or continue on with graduate studies.
- Students graduate career-ready with both a quality education and practical industry experience.
- Three-year undergraduate degree focused on both tourism management and practical skills development.
- Course model built on a 30-year reputation for educating quality tourism personnel.
- Two required 540-hour internships accompanied by career readiness support and employer recruitment opportunities.
- CBU is home to the first IHG Academy in Canada – a program of Intercontinental Hotels Group that provides students with an opportunity to earn a certificate from the IHG Academy for students who perform their work experiences at a participating IHG facility.
By the Numbers
Although enrolment varies each semester, the program recently hosted 269 full-time students from Canada and eight other countries.
- Countries represented in the student body include: China, Saudi Arabia, Korea, Bahamas, Canada, Brazil and Russia.
- Because of the worldwide need for tourism industry professionals, CBU’s Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management degree program is extremely popular with international students. However, it is also an ideal program for local students to gain employment skills and exposure to other countries through interactions in class.